RE: Re: Oettinger Intake Manifold -Reply

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/1780/ndshow59.jpg

> it's the picture that Kevin Collins took of the
> BADASS 84 scirocco  at
> the New Dimensions Show. It's hard to make out well,
> but the intake is
> the orange/red piece. It says "Oettinger" on it.
>
> As you can see, the intake is shaped completely
> different from the stock
> 16v one.  I doubt the ports match, or that the bolt
> patterns match. No
> doubt very expensive to buy one just to find out.
> Maybe ND (they worked
> on this particular car) can help you out with some
> specs and
> measurments.
==========
The original Oettinger 16V heads were designed for the
1.6 8V bottom (as used on the Euro GTi)- there was no
factory 16V at that time.

As such it would be expected to be much different than
the later factory version. I believe the early
Oettinger 16V put out about 139hp . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)