Re: adding hp to 1.7L

The 1.7L sucks shit, just kidding, anyways, saying from experience,
used to have an '83 1.7 and that engine does suck, all this crap would
work, but ask yourself, is it really worth it, I say nope, as I now
have a 86 Gti 1.8L in my baby and she rockets, so spare yourself some
grief, and get a 1.8L or even better 2.0l or perhaps the VR6 (oh yeah)
then do all this crap, if you still want.

--- luis flores <flores4@webtv.net> wrote:
> i've followed the threads about adding horsepower to the 1.8 but i
> have
> WEAK 82 with the 1.7 ... will the same mods like changing the 4-1
> exhaust manifold and downpipe, intake manifold, etc work for the
> 1.7?...
> or should i just wait till the engine goes and get something better?

=====
Scottish
'87 Black Roc