Re: 89' Conquest TSi... anyone know much about/have one?

marcelo pronto wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I hope im not gonna make enemies here so first i wanna ask if the Tsi is
> anything like the Rsi cause the only Tsi i heard of was a turbo version
> of the Rsi and the Rsi will whip any standard roc out there (wince) ,
> lol im not a big Toyota fan but a fact is a fact since
> no standard Gti has ever whipped an Rsi year after year, so maybe we're
> not talking about the same car.
>
> Do a search for Toyota conquest and look at the .co.za sites South
> Africans swear by Toyota since there is no car as reliable  in Africa or
> cheaper to run. The latest Rsi a 20v with a 0-100 kph of 7.6 seconds and
> its a 1,6i.
>
> Please dont kill me, i love my rocco i really do...but u guys have been
> slagging this car off for quite awhile and i couldnt beat the Rsi
> with the 2.2 5inline fuel injected Passat that whipped even the hot
> Golf's in Johannesburg
> (btw in SA it's not the Honda's that r mortal foes of the VW's , its the
> Opel's and the Toyota's)
> Marcelo

 Toyota Conquest ??   never heard of it....

but I have heard of the Dodge Conquest......i.e.   Conquest TSI.....

 (I noticed it in old copies of Motor Trend Magazine....and also seem them
in traffic or
should I say "on the road")...

  Yes, I drool over this car as much as the Toyota Supra....

 |   Etop Udoh     | SOUTHERN POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY [89-##] |
 |  P.O. Box 4234  |  Http://www.mindspring.com/~s_druid           |
 |  Marietta, Ga   |  Http://www.freeyellow.com/members7/sdruid    |
 |   30061         |  Http://members.xoom.com/s_druid              |
 |                 |  Http://sdruid.iwarp.com                      |
 |                 Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122 |
 |                 |   ******* s_druid@mindspring.com *******      |
 | Hey Americans, where are your "REAL" TV Camera's for the TRUTH  |