Nate's Motronic MK2

Installation of the 2.0L Crossflow into my MK2 is complete but Im having a
problem that I need some ideas on how to fix! Here are the symptoms:
If I dont touch the gas pedal the engine will fire right up, then idles
erratically (like Jetronic with a bad O2 sensor), within a minute it corrects
itself and idles ok (a lot better that Jetronic but an occasional
irregularity). If I touch the gas while starting it wont start. If I try to
give the car gas while it's idling it dies IMMEDIATELY. I 'think' the timing
is ok and I cant imagine anywhere there are any vacuum leaks. Anyone have any
ideas?

Nate