DUBFEST'99 Post show report.

Well, for it being a spur of the moment type show, it really turned out
to be an excelent show! You guys missed out! The turn out was about the
size of the ND show as far as the amount and quality of showcars. The
crowd was much smaller but I feel like after this event, next year will
attract a much bigger crowd.

They thought that there wouldnt be many Scirocco's and Corrado's so they
lumped us into one class. As it turned out, there were alot of Scirocco's
and Corrados! The yellow NOS MK-I 2.1L 16v took 3rd. A corrado took 2nd
and a clean silver Scirocco (8V 2.1L NOS) took the top spot. I was
surprised that the judges would pick an A1 over some of the Corrado's I
saw there.

Other events were the Jalapeno eating contest. The winner got a set of
swaybars. They also had the hourly raffle drawing thing going on. I won a
car. It's a MK-V golf. Dont know what im gonna do with it.

I forget who was there from which mags but there were alot of pictures
being taken all day long. (I think it was GOLF mag.) Especially of Doug's
MK-I. Women love his car and just had to have their pics taken in front
of his car. Then Doug and myself went and took a little test drive of a
couple Nissans. They will never be the same cars again. I digress.....

Well, next year, this is a "MUST DO" show for everyone!  (In Socal.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and