Re: Seattle Roc Sighting

> I haven't seen that one before. I'll have to go up to the U-district and
> hunt it down. I saw a really nice black MkII with red racing stripes
> from afar today(in the Renton Highlands area); said it was for sale.
>
>  Adrienne
> 84 Scirocco 8v

i think i might have seen that one too. was it a 16V? the one i saw was.

i had two more rocco sightings in Seattle. one today, it was darkish
charcoal grey, 8v, probably 83-84. i couldn't tell, but i think it had the
smaller spoiler. bone stock as far as i could tell. it was on hwy 99 in a
crowded parking lot. i did a u-turn to take a better look but when i got
back it was gone! it looked like it was in decent condition.

the other one was about 2 weeks ago. a stock red '82-83 8v with the small
spoiler and black bumpers drove right by the volkswagen dealer when i was
there picking up parts! I was in the rocco so i waved and after he
realized why, he waved back. Looked like it had a little rust and hadn't
been well cared for.

also saw 2 corrados, one red and one silver, the silver was for sale. both
were g60s. the red one was debadged in the rear and had an autotech
sticker and some sort of chromed exhaust (not too ricey lookin' though).

-Toby

BTW, i think i solved my cold hesitation problem (knock on wood). i was
digging around trying to get the rusted hose clamp off that orange hot air
hose so i could remove it (any tips for this or feedback on whether i
should leave it on or take it off?), and i followed the orange hose to the
other end at the airbox to look at something and i noticed an unconnected
vacuum-ish connection on the airbox after the air filter. Surprise! My
crankcase ventilation hose had fallen off. I reconnected it and the next
morning the engine only took 15 seconds to warm up to the point where i
could back out up the hill without revving to 3000 and doing some fancy
clutching. i hope that was it! im thinking maybe the ccv hose made the
mixture richer and thus when it slipped off the engine was running really
lean and for some reason ran like crap when it was cold.

--
'87 Flash Silver Metallic Scirocco 16V