Rounds in a MK2

--- Christian Els <tiAn@usi.com> wrote:
> I'll write up the FAQ if I can find the parts on the
> cheap.
>
> For starters I'm guessing I'll need:
>
> lights
> buckets
> grille (MK1, or spare MK2 so I keep my original)
> bumper top trim (again, so I keep my original)
>
> Any idea if a MK1 core support would make this
> easier?

This is not a simple job. While the MK1 grill and
lights are perpendicular to the center line of the
car, the MK2 lights are not (swept away a bit back
from the center of the car). The Mk2 core support is
considerably larger and longer than the MK1. Believe
me, I have spent much time with my MK1 and MK2 side by
side pondering this idea (I hated the MK2 for years
becuz of the square lights).

Spec out this project carefully before you undertake
it - it can be done, but not easily.

> I'd think I can keep the MK2 blinkers.

This is necessary.

> Might be a good time to swap in a Euro bumper ;)

Always a good time.

> Other obvious oversights?

See above.

> Anyone want to pony up their spare used parts in the
> name of science?
> Heh.

Not me!

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)