RE: I HAVE NO LUCK!!!

>The Euro bumpers do not meet US
>standards.  If you fight to get reimbursed for the bumpers, you could
>possibly lose out totally.  If you have the original "legal" bumpers, the
>damage to the vehicle might have been greatly reduced or eliminated.

This is true the bumpers do not meet US standards for crashes over 5 mph,
however Rich's description of the crash sounds like our 5 mph bumpers would
have suffered the same fate.  Of course the insurance company would probably
incorrectly argue that US bumpers would have reduced the damage, and pay
less for the claim.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v (rear ended w/US bumpers @ 15mph)
'78 Sidewinder