Front spring rate question. Is 300lbs to much?

I'm running 225lbs currently and it's to soft for me and the car.  When i go
around a fast turn the tire will hit the top of the fender arch.  Theres
about a .75'' gap between the tire and the fender. I was told 250lbs should
be good enough to stop this.  But i keep thinking is an extra 25lbs enough to
stop this from happening?  So should i get 300lb front springs?  The rears
are also 225lbs but i'm not having any problems with them.

Matt
84 8v