RE: Re: Oettinger Intake Manifold -Reply

>go here,
>
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/1780/ndshow59.jpg
>
>it's the picture that Kevin Collins took of the BADASS 84 scirocco  at
>the New Dimensions Show. It's hard to make out well, but the intake is
>the orange/red piece. It says "Oettinger" on it.
>
>As you can see, the intake is shaped completely different from the stock
>16v one.  I doubt the ports match, or that the bolt patterns match. No
>doubt very expensive to buy one just to find out. Maybe ND (they worked
>on this particular car) can help you out with some specs and
>measurments.
>
>my .02
>
>Jonas
>85 Scirocco

I am totally positive that the ports wont match up to a VW 16v head,
see that's not just an Oettinger intake...it's an Oettinger 16v
cylinder head.  Or did everyone just realize this and never mentioned
it. :)  Chances of coming into one of these systems is remote at
best, but it is designed to sit on an 8v block (with different pistons
probably).

==Brett