Re: Motor Mounts

I agree with Josh, poly mounts all the way around is not the best for a daily
driver
and they are not needed.  My 86 2.0 has heavy duty from Autotech with a poly
up front for the past two years since I upgraded from my 1.8.  They are smooth
and no resonation in the cab.  My 2.1 has all poly and it is harsh and it does
make
noise inside the cab.  I do use my NOS on the 2.1 and that is the only reason I

keep the poly setup.  I never fail to notice the difference in these two cars.
I drive
the 2.1 for awhile and get a rush from the race car feel and then drive the 2.0
and
have a new appreciation for the 2.0 everytime.  Stay away from poly unless you
have to use it.

Dale Witt
86 2.0 16v Scirocco
82 2.1 16v Scirocco (Zender 400 w/NOS)