Motor Mounts

I am currently replacing the motor mounts in my '79 Scirocco.  As usual,
after purchasing the stock mounts, I acquired new information, and started
lusting after the bigger and better version.  "Preformance" mounts, i.e.
polyurethane.  After reading what several different books had to say, I
started to shy away from the idea, because of the increase in ride
harshness.  Then, I got other info, which stated that the front mount, was
worth replacing with polyurethane plus wouldn't cause a major increase in
harshness.
I ended up replacing the front mount with a polyurethane "Bug Pack" mount,
resulting in slightly less engine vibration when I turn the car off, but not
too much else.

What I am wondering now is if the one polyurethane mount had negligible
harshness, what would replacing the side or back mounts with polyurethane
do.  If not all of them, some.  Also, if I just replace one or two of them,
which mount would I choose to have the extra stiffness?

Also, I was hoping in replacing the mounts, that the vibration when I turn
the car off would stop.  I realize I've only done one mount, but the other
mounts aren't in terrible condition (the rubber has started to deteriorate
and slightly erode away), so am I way off line to think replacing my mounts
would solve the vibration, or am I just being to impatient?

And....(bear with me), on the subject of polyurethane, does anyone know the
pros and cons of replacing other rubber components with polyurethane ones?
I am quite interested in finding out, because I have recently become friends
with someone that works at a VW parts store, and now I get all my parts at
cost =p =p!  Shocky Jr. is quite happy about it too.

I'm heading home right now to change the rear motor mount (patience is
definetly not one of my virtues), so hopefully I'll fix, at least partially,
my vibration issue.  Sorry about the excessivly lengthy email.  Its lonely
here in Seattle at 12:40 am.

Hope to get some info from someone,

Kirsten Jensen
Black '79 Scirocco (Shocky Jr.)