Re: Common things between 8V and 16V ??- cat back fit?

If the cat-back exhaust fits or not depends on whether you have an later style 8v with the small/donut sized spare or the earlier 8vs w/ the large/regular size spare.  My old 8v had the large sized spare w/ large gas tank and the 2"TT would not fit on my 16v.  The bend where it goes over the axle is different.

I would call Potterman or TT just to be sure that the later style 8v exhaust will fit on a 16v, but I am sure that the exhaust from the earlier model 8vs w/ large spare won't fit on your 16v.

HTH

Victor

--- Elias Glavinas <eg1@cec.wustl.edu> wrote:

> I am on the verge of buying an 86 16V (red, black
> leather, body in great
> shape, rattling inside but I will take care of that,
> $1400, the catch:
> 180k miles on the engine).

I wouldn't worry about that too much.  My 16v has about
178k on the original engine, and it's the lowest mileage of
the bunch.

> I was wondering what nice thingies from my rear-ended 8V
> I can transfer to
> the 16V. I am almost sure my fairly new stainless steel
> TT 2.25" exhaust
> will not fit.

Correct.  Although, hmmm...   the cat back might work?  I
have no idea though really....  Anyone?

> Neuspeed upper
> stress bar?

Nope - that won't swap.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry