Re: Wierd Problems...

>Hey there all -
>
>	I've got a few interesting issues with my 86' 16v beastie.
>Hmm.... where to start....
>
>	1) I just installed one of Brian Honnold's fuel enrichment
>modules a couple weeks ago. Worked like a dream for the first week,
>but now the engine feels like it is missing when the module kicks
>in. I've checked all the wires, WD-40'd all the connections,
>regrounded the module, etc.... Don't see anything obvious. I'm going
>to disconnect it when I get home to make sure that it isn't causing
>the problem. Dunno - any ideas?

My first fuel enrichment devices did the same thing.  Worked for a while,
then quit, in a way that made the engine bog and miss under full throttle.
It may have been poor connections at the coolent temperature sensor.  You
are using real Bosch connectors, correct?

>	2) This may or may not be related to the problem above, but
>yesterday I hopped in the beastie to head home from work around
>11:00 PM and the emergency temp light stayed blinking the whole trip
>home from Stanford. The car had been sitting all day, and the temp
>gauge never got above 50%. I stopped at a gas station and checked
>the coolant level and it was fine (although I found a crack in the
>coolant box at the midline level so I'll be looking for one on a
>junkyard run shortly). Now, Chung and I were looking under my hood
>the other day and saw that the wires to the fan had almost been cut
>through pretty close to the connector, so we stripped em and
>resoldered them. The fan works great, no problems there so I don't
>think it has anything to do with that. Well, this morning the light
>wasn't on so maybe it's fixed itself. Might have to do with the
>module, might have just been gremlins....Any ideas?

It's not related.  The coolent level sensor (the one in the top of
the expansion tank) often develops corroded connections which causes
the coolent light to flash.  When this happened to me, replacing the
sensor fixed it.  Acted just like yours.

>	4) I picked up a Eurosport short shift kit from Potterman.
>Anything I should know before I install it? I'd rather get it right
>the first time...

Start with ~30% reduction and for extra fun cut down your shifter a bit. :)

>	5) The stereo is done, the suspension feels great and I've
>already had the car sideways on Devil's Slide on Hwy 1 here in CA!!
>I'm going to die a bloody flaming twisted metal death.... heh heh.
>Too cool...

Hmm, I can't figure out the question here...but my advice would be to
drive fast and take chances. :)

>				Ben Patterson

==Brett