Re: Cheesing Air box

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:19:18 EDT SubConSk8@aol.com writes:
>Oops...i drilled about 10 on the non fender side! Am I doomed? I don't
know
>how to take the box off to get to the other side? W/ the holes drilled
on the
>other side and one or two on the backside i don't hear any noise or
power
>diff?

Disconnect the air tube from the TB to the fuel distributor.
Unclamp the fuel distributor from the bottom filter box.
Lift up and lay the fuel distributor over and you have the air box bottom
in front of you.
There's the same type clips that hold the airbox together which holds the
bottom box to the chassis. . Unclip them. Then its a matter of working
the bottom piece loose. There are 3 round holes that the airbox has
little tangs that fit into them. Just pull it loose.
Reassembly in reverse of removal.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and