Re: A1 TB interchangeability

>--- Wojciech Galecki <galecki@umr.edu> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > 	I've got a quick question: Will the Weber TB that's
> > designed for
> > Rabbits and Sciroccos also work on an '86 8v
> > cabriolet?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Wojciech Galecki
>=====================
>Yes, it will "work" as much as it would work on any Rabbit or Scirocco.
>Cabbies are CIS up until 1989 or so.
>
>I would recommend an A2/Audi 5K TB over the Weber. The Weber is a
>single stage design which IMHO is inferior to the 2 stage design of the
>VW TB.
>
>HTH
>
>===
>Mark Peele

I have a Weber on my winter car. an 85 scirocco,  It takes some
getting used to, no doubt what-so-ever.  It is very on/off in
nature, and difficult to drive smoothly sometimes.  Just thinking
about pushing the accelerator allows the car to cruise on the highway.
There is almost no feedback from the pedal, as the spring on the Weber
is quite light.

All in all, if it's performance and drivability you're after, the A2
thottlebody is probably the one you want.  The weber will work in your
application however if you wanted.

==Brett