Re: Badge for Scirocco

--- Lee Folkman <general_lee_f@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. here's the story:
> I have an 84 Wolfs Scirocco and it came without a badge.
> I purchased one
> over the internet and when it came to putting it on, i
> realized it had only
> two prongs and i needed to fill 3 holes.  I was wondering
> if maybe it is a
> "S" model or if the badges came in different sizes
> throughout the years.
> How can i tell?
> i have the other badge on right now (it fits perfectly in
> two holes) so that
> everyone knows what's passing them:)

Well, if it fits ok, then you could just leave it.  What
has likely happened is that one of the prongs broke off the
badge at some point as it should have 3.  (They seem to
break ALL the time)  There were a couple different badges
that came on early Mk II Sciroccos in the States, '82s had
"Scirocco" with "fuel injection" in small letters below,
and I think there was also a "Scirocco GL" and "Scirocco
GT" both from '82-'83.  (I've got an old Auto Week magazine
testing the new '83.5 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco and
remember it having the GT badge)  Everything from '84 up
was just "Scirocco" (or "Scirocco 16v" as the case may be)
AFAIK.

I'm sure I'll be corrected for any errors.  :)  (Mr.
Peelle?)

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry