Re: coolant in motor...

>    oh yeah, the oil was very oily  :)  still retained that normal synthetic
>oil look.  no foam, no white, no coolant stink.  so then i figured that it
>was getting into the cylinders.  for the life of me, i couldn't figure out
>what it could be, then dave sunn told me that it was probably my headgasket.

Could be...2L 16'v have been heard to be a little leakier (is that a word?)
in the headgasket area then the 1.8's.  At least that's what I've heard
over the years on the A2-16v mailing list...but they're not as technical
as the people here...

>    what would cause that?  regular wear and tear?  or is my block and head
>all frigged up now?  any and all info is much appreciated.  thanks.

Based on the way your drive, it's IRregular wear and tear. :)  If it
is your head gasket, it's not going to destroy your block in the
short term, but you might want to have the mating surfaces planed for
smoothness...makes for a more positive seal on the gasket IMHO.

>jason
>the mad bastard
>
>btw, i fucking DUSTED a 99 GS-R tonight :)

A week ago I got into it with a 99 Prelude VTEC.  He wasn't expecting
much of a fight out of me, so I totally suprised him at the line, as
he short shifted the 2nd-3rd and I pulled on him really hard.  After
that we were door-2-door for about 1/8 mile when a light up ahead turned
red...I backed off not wanting to risk sliding through the 'box' at
high speed (we were up to 80+mph)...he timed the light and took off
in front of me.  He never pulled away, but I couldn't catch him...but it
seemed like I was slowly getting closer when he slowed to make the
same turn as I, which I took at a much much higher velocity. :)  I
was pretty much 1-2 car lengths off his trunk after that.  All in all,
I'd say I fared quite well against a car with superior horsepower.

==Brett