Re: List opinion on keeping the Roc

Shannon Fenton wrote:

> Or should I just toss a match into the pit. Dont get me wrong I love
> the car but...damn

Here's my take.. if you love the car as you say, and if it's in good
cosmetic condition, I say fix it.  Except I'd spring for Bilsteins
over Boges in a heartbeat, you will get your money's worth.  Another
thing you can do to put it into perpective - wander into a new car
showroom and look at what new cars cost.  It will make your repairs
seem like a real bargain.. plus there ain't no new 'roccos in the
showrooms..  :/

If on the other hand the cosmetic condition is marginal or worse, it
might not be a bad idea to try to find another cherry 16V with lower
miles, buy it and move over any parts from your current car that
you want to keep, then sell the current car for whatever it can
bring.

Good luck!

-kc-
'99 GTI GLX