I think I did it this time

Hey Gang,

In a fit of stupidity I started removing that crumbling black foam shit from
the inside of my hood.  What a nightmare!  The foam is all out from one
section in the front (you know, the one that gets rubbed by that big jammy
of a hose), but the adhesive is just brutal.  So here's the question, if I'm
going to replace the foam with new from the dealer, how nuts should I get
about getting all of the adhesive off.  And if I do need to remove this
crap, what should I use?  I tried tar remover, but the sadistic @#$% that
designed this foam thing just mocked me  :( .  BTW, I show the car as stock
so I can't just take it off and leave it.

- Jan Folkson

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T

  \\\|///