Re: Paint help II

SubConSk8@aol.com wrote:

> I also need paint help...I recently was sold the wrong color paint for my car
> and now it is completely f-ed up...I am 16 and just purchased the car and
> have no money...My parents are willing to pay for it as an x-mas present but
> it has to stay under like $800...I didn't realize paint jobs were so
> expensive...But, anyways, anyone have advice for me?

I had a buddy in high school who had a cherry '69 Z/28 that he HATED the
paint scheme on - it was yellow with black stripes (pretty awesome actually).
So he waited till halloween, then poured Zip-Strip ALL over the mofo.. totally
ruining the paint job.  Being halloween, it was easy to buy that this was
just a malicious prank w/o raising too much suspicion.  He wound up getting
a $2500 paint job in the reverse scheme - black w/yellow stripes.  This was
about 1973, so a $2500 paint job was some SERIOUS coin!  Insurance covered
the whole thing except for deductible..

That said - don't go that route!  You can get a half-decent job done in
your price range, especially if you're willing to do some or all of the
prep work yourself (strip off all the trim, sand it, etc.).  Good luck!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0