Re: Paint help II

> >I also need paint help...I recently was sold the wrong color paint for my
> car
> >and now it is completely f-ed up...I am 16 and just purchased the car and
> >have no money...My parents are willing to pay for it as an x-mas present but
> >it has to stay under like $800...I didn't realize paint jobs were so
> >expensive...But, anyways, anyone have advice for me?

  i think it really depends on who you know. a year or so ago when some
dumbass parked his car in the middle of an icy road (goddamn
rice-mobile!) i had the opportunity to use the contacts i'd made. there
was one guy who painted street rods that offered to paint my car for
$700. that's factory, taped, everything pulled, clear coat, the whole
shootin' match. unfortunately i didn't have the money at the time.
someone else i knew had his '84 8v repainted for $2400. i wouldn't mind
trying to paint it myself, honestly, andhave access to the equipment. i
just can't live without my car for a few days (maybe next summer). oh,
and as a general question to all listers, does anyone know where the
insulation for the underside of the hood can be purchased? i'd assume
that after you'd painted the hood you'd want to put this back on.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://members.tripod.com/~foxx/index.htm