Re: paint - advice please!

Riley McDowall wrote:

> I don't think flex agent is necessary on any of the side elements of the
> body kit.  The bumpers and maybe the front airdam should get flex agent to
> make the paint a little more durable, but the side flares and sills should
> be ok.  Mine were painted without any flex and they're still looking mint.

Kinda sounds like the same thing the shop guy told me.. good to get some
outside confirmation..

> One thing that will set your paint apart from almost all other cars on the
> road is wet-sanding.  I know ppl on the list have talked about it before,
> but the difference between fresh paint, no matter how well it's sprayed,
> and fresh wet-sanded paint is immediately apparent.  My paint looks great,
> but I saw a Mk1 that had been resprayed and sanded and my jaw dropped.
> Find out how much extra it'll cost, and think about having it done!

The other guy (the high-buck guy) that was recommended definitely wet-sands
all his work.. sounds like I need to get it done no matter who wind up
painting it.  Thanks for the insight!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0