RE: The Poor Man's Recaro

that totally rocks, you get mass brownie points for being inventive.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Patterson [mailto:bpatterson@stanford.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 2:07 PM
To: Gary Huff
Subject: RE: The Poor Man's Recaro

>interesting, you have bragging right for about 2 months with that :) How
did
>you do it? where exactly do they go? details.... details :) come on you
know
>you wanna spill it :)

All credit goes to Chung for this one since he showed me how to do
it. Take the seats out of the car, pull the vinyl and padding off the
tacks holding them to the bottom of the seat, and put the tray in
(the good green ones, not the little brown crappy ones they use at
some T.B.'s) with either side facing forward depending on how stiff
you want the back to be. Put the vinyl and padding back on the tacks,
hammer em down and put the seat back in. I'd try it with the tray
facing both directions before reinstalling the seats so you know what
you are getting. I wanted a lot more back support so I put it bottom
facing forwards. Chung has his the other direction but it it's just a
matter of preference. Taco Bell trays are bigger than most other
places (thicker and wider) so I'd recommend those before hitting
Burger King or KFC. I sorta laughed at Chung when he told me about
it, but I gotta say it works pretty dang well for a stupid taco bell
tray....

					Ben

Ben Patterson 				Pager - (650)794-8868
Networking/Macintosh			LiNCS - (650)725-4630
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
CRC-LiNCS/ITSS				Stanford University

"Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries."
					- Wayne, from Wayne's World -