RE: help. . . tranny fluid and CV boot

I believe I saw something in a manual about the proper level actually being
above the fill plug as the tranny is oriented in the car.  Based on this,
you would either have to pull the tranny (or at least unbolt and rotate it),
or fill through the speedo hole if you want enough oil.  Is this correct, or
was I fed a line of crap?  I don't recall where I saw that information.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating
'87 Nissan truck - Soon to be for sale