RE: a few quick questions from the junkyard(i hope)!

Im almost dead sure the A2 dual downpipe and will *NOT* bolt up on an A1
such as your scirocco.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard and Michelle Pizzulo [mailto:pez18@zebra.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 7:53 PM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: a few quick questions from the junkyard(i hope)!

I managed to find some time to swing by the local junkyard today.  I
found a couple of parts that I might be interested in, but want to make
sure first...

1)  On a MKII Scirocco with a factory single wiper, and 1.7L (1982ish?);
what parts would I need to pull off to switch my 84'8v to a mono wiper?
I know it has been covered before, but what alterations do I have to
make (bending some part?).

2)  On the same trip I came across a 198? Golf Gti with the 1.8L.  As
far as I could tell it had what looked to be a factory dual outlet
exhaust manifold and down pipe.  a)  Does this sound right?  b)  Will
this bolt right up to my 84'8v?  c)  If it is the right one, when I go
to pull it off is there anything special that I should bring?  d)  Also
is there anything special I should do to it before bolting it up like
reaming out the tubes for deposits or anything?

3)  Would there be any advantage to swapping out my head with a Golf Gti
head?  I know this is a very general question, but I am just checking
for ideas?

Any info would point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
-=Rick
84 8V Wolfs
Mobile, AL