Re: 20v Rabbit in Sep. EC

XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:

>     OK in simple words that head flows so much better then a 16v would. One
> with just a simple carb slap on the motor put out a whopping 100 bhp per
> liter. no other mods in that figure. I'm on a good bases with Raffi the owner
> of the car and owner of Eurosport. After some carb Tweeks they should pull a
> good 200bhp out of it before camming or doing any mods to the head or block.
> So this head is a vast improvement in the 16v heads. The 125 rating is an
> under estimated figure with really restrictive exhaust and fuel/ignition
> system.

i don't agree that it flows "so much better than a 16v would"
did they flow bench the 20v head ?

volkswagen designed the 20v head for turbo applications that would produce a flat
torque curve and great drivability. Without any modifications to the heads, i
think the 16v head is better for a normally aspirated race engine.

compare these graphs and tell me what you think :
1.8 20v NA http://scirocco.psycode.com/misc/small7.jpg
1.8T http://scirocco.psycode.com/misc/small8.jpg
1.8 16v http://scirocco.psycode.com/misc/small9.jpg
2.0 16v http://scirocco.psycode.com/misc/small6.jpg