crapped out scirocco or nice Mitsu...

I really like to race on the street, and my mitsu starion is decent fast.
with a minimum of mods and money, I can make it a NICE 13sec. car. the
interior is completely out of the scirocco and it needs: suspension (ie.
EVERYTHING) tranny work, engine overhaul and mods, tires, paint (this can
wait) etc... what would it take to get the roc' into GTI handling territory
and a decent straight line performer? I already know what and about how much
it will take for my Mitsu, which by the way, is a very nice, quick reliable
car...