Re: CANADIAN 16V BROUGHT TO USA. INFO PLEASE!!

** Reply to note from Elias Glavinas <eg1@cec.wustl.edu> Fri, 3 Sep 1999 20:40:21 -0500 (CDT)
> Any listers out there who know Canadian 16V's and their quirks? How much
> hp are we talking about? Anybody out there familiar with canadian
> Scirocco's brought to the US and what should be paid attention to? I think
> I can get the car for $3000. Needless to say, if it was the american
> version I wouldn't hesitate, but this brought-over-from-Canada thing has
> me a bit worried.

  As far as I know, the basic car sold in the US is every bit as good as the
one sold in Canada :-)

  I do not have a definitive answer, but the Bentley manual sold
in Canada is the same one sold in the US. Even has all the special blurbs
about California cars.

  Some models will be available in one country and not the other, it is more
a matter of local taste and driving habits. A/C was not popular here until
this year's heat wave (or so I feel!), but practically all cars here are
sold with a rear window defroster. My Scirocco even has elctrically heated
outside mirrors.

  We never had the Quantum here, but we had the Fox, made in Brazil, because
Canadian import laws allowed them here to be sold at an attractive price.

  The fuel distributor in the Scirocco was available in some US Golf models,
but was a Scirocco exclusive in Canada. This is the kind of small
differences you will run into.

        Jean-Claude
        ICQ: 47403427