top speed and HP

Check out this page:
http://members.aol.com/pumaracing/topspeed.htm

It might not be that accurate, but I calculated the HP of my '81 S to
be right at about 100hp at the flywheel, with my top speed being at
110, taking into account speedo error.  I used 19 sqft as the frontal
area, don't know how accurate that is, just a guess really, and .44
as the Cd.

That's with a balanced and blueprinted 1.7L w/ 1.8L big valve head,
larger throttle body and sensor plate and and and early 1.6L cam.

Plug in your specs into the equations he's got there and let's see
what our estimated HP is for the mods we have. :)
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm