Re: door panel trim

    I recently repaired the trim on my driver's side door.  For one
thing, figure out why it's coming off in the first place.  For me, it
was because I was always bracing my elbow against the fabric trim when I
would adjust my position in the seat after climbing in or when reaching
back to pull out my wallet in a drive through or something.
    Fixing the trim is not too hard but takes a lot of time to get
right.  Remove the door panel and cut through all the foam that backs
the panel in a way the lets you access the edges of the panel with the
fabric on it.  If it is still attached well to the the rest of the door
panel, cut through the adhesive to get it off.  Then peel the fabric
back where it has come detached and remove the old fabric adhesive from
the plastic with solvent cleaner.  Glue the fabric back.  I highly
recommend 3M Fast Tack Trim Adhesive, but I would refrigerate it prior
to use so it doesn't run all over the place.  Use this stuff to glue the
door card back onto the panel, and put it all back together.  Make sure
all the waterproofing plastic is secure before you put the panel back
on.  That's it.  Let me know if you run into trouble.

-Sean