No Brakes... Bad

OK.  Here's the deal, I just did the brake service not six months ago, replaced a leaky
cylinder, fluid exchange, etc. and everything was hunky dory until...
I had to stomp on the brakes for Minneapolis rush hour traffic, which had unfathomably
decided to come to a halt, look at the underside of a bridge and then continue along their
way (does this happen elsewhere?).   My brakes work great at moderate braking rates but
when I have to stop abruptly, the car slows, the peddle sinks to the floor and the tires
refuse to lock, I can pump the brake again and get the tires to lock with whatever
residual pressure is in the lines, but if I have time to pump the brakes, what the hell am
I stopping that suddenly for anyway, right?   More, I try the home mechanic Master
cylinder test by standing on the brake in the driveway and the peddle seems as firm as
ever.   Now, it seems obvious to me that somewhere there's a leak that only leaks when the
pressure is great enough, probably a seal, but, has anyone heard of frequent failures in
any one spot that I should maybe check first?   Meze, any ideas?   Anyone?
And if it's a big friggin deal, like I just can't seem to find the leak, I've been
thinking about the Corrado disk switch, just 'cause a list of parts and procedures to
double check the one I'm gonna make would be appreciated.

love,

Greg