Re: Startup Hesitation

In a message dated 9/1/99 10:52:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vwtype53@yahoo.com writes:

<<  I have a 86 16v that has this similar problem.  When the engine is
 cold(sitting for over a few hours) it starts and then idles low and
 hesitates during the first few minutes of driving.   Then, after a few
 minutes it runs perfectly and idles great. >>

I have the same problem as well.  But I have narrowed it down to only
happening when it rains or at night.  Then I narrowed it down even further to
only when I use my lights and fog lights.  So when the engine is cold I hold
a steady 1500 Rpm for a minute to let it warm up then it is fine.  I figure
it has to do with somthing electrical.

Brian 86 16v