Re: Hesitation

At 06:38 PM 8/31/99 , Michael Friesen wrote:
>I have a question.  My car is very hesitant and almost cuts out when the
>engine starts cold.  It's only happened a couple times so far, but I didn't
>drive it all last winter while I was at school.  Is it the fuel filter, pump
>injectors?
>
>Mike

Mike,
	It's most likely the injector seals... they shrink up with age and cause
air to leak into the combustion chambers and lean out the mixure causing
hesitation, stumbling, and stalling.
	Once the seals warm up, they expand and seal, and the car runs fine.

	They're cheap to replace, and they're really more of a maintenance item on
our cars-- count on doing them every 5 years or so.

	Jason