From: Brett P VanSprewenburg [mailto:brettv@rocketmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 1999 4:07 PM
To: scirocco
Subject: RE: Scirocco Newsletter? [our website]

---Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com> wrote:

> At 03:58 PM 8/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Ok, how about someone just keeps the scirocco website up to date, and do
> >more than one thing a month :) I know how it is being busy, but its not
> >*THAT* hard. Thanks,
> >	Gary Huff
>
>   The scirocco website is made up from contributions from everyone. The
> lack of tech content on it is I believe more due to the fact that not many
> people have sent info in, than anything else. All 2 of the pieces I've
> submitted were added to the site. Have you submitted anything?:)
>
>   If there is the drive for this newsletter, I just think it'd be nice if
> we can take the tech articles submitted for it, and add it to the ones at
> the scirocco site, so that any scirocco enthusiast/owner can find the help
> he/she needs.
>
> Brad

Being (one of) the people directly targeted in your message Gary, I have to
say that it was unappreciated.  I'll put up anything that anyone submits
to me to be put on the site, within a reasonable about of time, and with a
reasonable amount of (correct) content.  I believe I have done this, ask
anyone that has submitted anything to me (post question to the list if you
wanted, that would work).

I see that you haven't even submitted anything, even for the list person
profile section.  I cannot make up all the content of the site, it's up to
the members of the list to shape it and provide reasonable content.  You'll
probably note an unusally high content made up from my own contributions
however...

No it's not really difficult, but it can be quite time consuming.  A good
look and a decent (somewhat) professional appearance do not happen by
themselves.  The site is 100mb is size and growing, and is mirrored in
at least 3 locations.

I have even captured list exchanges and posted them to the site as technical
content (read the Hor Springs content as an example).  I am working on
getting the list archives back up, back I lack much of the content, some
of it was lost, a lot of the other stuff is in the wrong format....it all
takes _a_lot_ of DONATED time.  I don't mind, I like this list, I like
the people, I like the cars.  I think it's a pursuit worth dedicating some
of my (not really free) time for.

I have often sent a message to the list asking about submissions for the
profiles area, technical areas...whatever.  I've even talked with
individuals about it...it's not all up to me...all I can do is ask and _not_
twist peoples arms...this is supposed to be for fun, right?

==Brett