Re: Velocity Stage 2 diff kit

Just my 2 cents:

I have the kit in the autocrosser, which has the CG coilovers lowered
to the max.  I really liked the kit for awhile, and I would recomend
it as a great cheap upgrade.

I screwed up the installation (like Meze) on the first install, so it
doesn't work properly.  When torquing the final allen bolts, I made
them "Ken tight,"  a torque specification 1/4 turn past stripped.
The bolt threads and the tranny threads stripped, rendering the kit
useless.  I did a reinstall with a longer bolt, which worked great
for two autocrosses.  Now the car acts like a stock diff, spinning
the inside tire when powering out of the corner.

My advice to everyone, Velocities kit is a good cheap upgrade, but it
not a quaiffe.  If you only street the car, Velocity is for you.

Ken Buck
1999 Philadelphia Region SCCA RE
78 DSP VW Scirocco- finally Ground Control equipped
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car #12 (4 feature wins in '99)
84 VW Scirocco daily driver 221,000 miles and still screaming
66 Olds F-85