sport utility merged into my car

<x-flowed>Today I was leaving Chicago on I-55 and a redneck in his stupid Blazer
merged right into my car.  I was in the fast lane and the common speed was
about 75 to 80 mph.  The bumper of my car was just at his driver side door
and my attention was on the exit I just passed (fast food).  Just as I
looked back I saw him almost on top of my car, then there was the solid
bumping sound of our cars hitting each other.  I tried to edge to the left
as far as I could before the concrete divider became to intimidating but no
luck.  Control was maintained and we both pulled over afterwards.  His only
response:  in my best redneck voice, "Where did you come from? I didn't even
see you, you must have been in my blind spot back there."  Anyway, there
wasn't much damage, no dents or creases, just a few smudges from his paint.
I didn't even bother taking down his insurance info (too nice?).
   I am always on guard watching out for and trying to prevent incidents
just like this.  I let my guard down for only a few seconds and look what
happens.  Getting "bumped" by sport utilities at 80mph is not at the top of
my list of fun things to do.  It could have been much worse so I'm glad it
wasn't.  Funny thing is, today is one year to the day that the other side of
my was sideswiped and damaged.  Anyway . . .

Later

Josh Strait

Tired of dodging women, old men in hats, and Sport Utilities trying to hit
my car.