Re: starting problem

<x-flowed>I would have to say it's a fuel accumulator or a hot soak problem. Try
taking your injectors out and let them sit after the car has been warmed up.
If there is any seepage then you have leaky injectors witch will cause this
problem. If they do leak then you have to replace them all cause if one is
leaking then the rest are probably soon to follow. To test the accumulator
you need a special fuel pressure gauge. If the injectors arent leaking then
you might want to take it to your local vw repair shop and ask them to test
your residual fuel pressure after the car has been warmed up. HTH

>From: thescirocco@juno.com
>To: vwtype53@yahoo.com
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: starting problem
>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:41:40 -0500
>
>It sounds like the fuel accumulator.
>
>I had the same thing happen to my '84 Scirocco.
>
>Peter
>
>On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:48:53 -0800 (PST) Benjamin Harder
><vwtype53@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Hey all,
> >   I now have my 81 Scirocco running with a *new* JH motor.  I have
> > the
> > timing set and everything seemed to be going well.  Now that I am
> > driving
> > the car I have been having a warm starting problem...turning off the
> > engine (after running at normal operating temps), if the car sits
> > for over
> > 30 min. it will want to stall upon trying to restart.  If I am
> > patient and
> > just keep on trying (5-10+ cranks) it will finally fire and then run
> > rough
> > for a few seconds before smoothing out to normal idle.  If the
> > engine is
> > cold it has no problems at all.  I am thinking that there must be a
> > problem with the fuel pressure or something.... any ideas?
> > TIA
> >

> > =====

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867