[elec] Ohh my heartache-Mk1 16v don't like me

<x-flowed>First, I'm gonna vent. Then, I'm gonna ask you all what I should do.

WHY!!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?! WHY ME?!?!!?!????!?!??! The problem with this dumb
car is totally illogical!!!

I replaced the fuse box (with a brand new one) this morning. Along with a
few spade connectors that looked iffy.

I found something interesting on the old one. On the back, harness A, pin
#8, it was quite melted. My Bentley tells me that A8 goes to terminal block
T (which is a 4-point junction block) and eventually to the fuel pump and
the O2 relay, etc etc.. Right.

The odd thing is that there's no wire coming out of A8 in my car. Doesn't
look like there ever was. All four of the wires coming out of that terminal
block have a home, too.

How could've it been melted if there's nothing going into it?

Does VW sell new wire harnesses? I would need the harness that goes from A
to everything else.

I realized the fuse box is approaching 20 years old.. the fuse box looked
like crap. Corrosion, and melted terminals don't instill a good feeling in
me. The wiring, too, is approaching 20 years, and that don't look pretty
either.

Also, Brian Honnold, fusing the CIS-E computers to battery drained my
battery and now the relays don't click and the fuel pumup doesn't prime when
I turn the ignition key. BUT, it clicks and primes when I remove the fuse.
Odd, eh?

I beg your help and advice, cause I have no idea where to go now. Other than
attempting to replace the A wire harness. Grr.

-Dave (frustrated)
'81 Scirocco 16v 1.8l (frustrated)