new car. . .

What do you do with such a beautiful car?  If you
build it, they will come. .. . . Thanks Penny for
going way beyond expectation in selling this car.  A
real sacrifice for sciroccodom that will not have been
mis-directed. . . :)

The car is gorgeous. . . it found a good home for
certain and will be well cared for.  A real jewel, and
every gas station we stopped at, people were hovering
around it. . . at midnight.  . . and there were way
too many gas stops. . .

which leads me now to the bad news.  I experienced
some severe power loss on the way home.  Seems like a
knock sensor just decided to give up the ghost and the
timing retarded into yesteryear.  No power. . .
couldn't even pull off a stop sign without flooring
it.  I called to stop in for gas with my driving
buddy, (driving my trusty '88 16v)  and found that he
had a half tank left. We filled up at the same time.
Weird.  When I got back into the garage, I pulled the
knock sensor off, and from the effort it took to break
the bolt, it seemed it was on too tight.  Manual says
5-18 lbs of torque.  I had to pry the sucka' with
everything I had and cut my knuckle on the alternator.
 Unless. .. it had thread-lock or something on it.

Any clues?  I will try to bring it in to my mechanic,
but if there's something I can do, I will :)

Chasin' out the little bugs,
'Chung

=====