From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Aaron Ness
Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 6:26 AM
To: 'Dan'; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: "Parts Store" Scirocco?

Hey, check those tickets over _very_ carefully before you go shelling out a
bunch of cash to pay them.  It's not uncommon for the cop to make a mistake,
like he did in your case, and I figure if people can get away with murder on
little technicalities, I don't feel bad about not paying a ticket because
there is an inaccuracy.  Back in '94 or so, I got my first and only ticket.
The day of the week the cop wrote on teh ticket was correct, but the date
was not.  That meant that the day I was "speeding" never happened,
technically.  I fought it and got off for free.  I know a girl who got off
because the cop checked "male" on the ticket.  I've never seen a guy with a
rack that big!  Incidentally, it was the same cop that got both of us, but
I've heard of others making mistakes.

Considering that "Vokswagon" never made cars, if they even existed, and the
closest thing to a Scorpion that I can recall is the Merkur Scorpio, seems
to me that you were _not_ speeding in a Vokswagon Scorpion at whatever time
and place the cop said you were.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating