Re: 8V's as opposed to 16V's

According to ETKA, the scirocco got the euro KR engine from 10/85 onwards with the golf/jetta getting it from  02/86.  The PL engine that you get Stateside was also introduced in the scirocco and others from 02/86.
>From what I've read elsewhere, the scirocco was used as the testbed for the 16v - it's just a shame it took so long to iron out the problems or maybe the MKII would have had it from the start.

Ewan Hopkins.

kenneth r weidmann jr wrote:

> The 16v engine was introduced in mid 85 for the A2 chasis.  I had a
> friend who had an mid 85 Jetta GLI with the 16 v engine, no fuba and no
> tear drops.  He had bought it new.  The 16v was not introduced to the
> Scirocco until mid 86.

Are you SURE about that??  That flies in the face of everything I've heard
and read in the past... i.e. that the 'roc got it first.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message and any files transmitted
with it have been swept by the Computeraid IT Services Department for the
presence of computer viruses.

To find out about the Services Computeraid can offer, visit us at
                                                                                www.computeraid.co.uk