RE: sluggish accel.

Braden Sayer wrote:

<snip>

>hardly any acceleration.  Even the rpms seemed to be stuck, only
>slowly  creeeping up, along with the engine noise.  Seemed really
>sluggish.

Well, this could be any number of things. Dead Oxygen sensor, clogged
cat, clogged fuel injectors, clogged fuel filter, dying fuel pump, dying
coil, fouled spark plugs, and last (but not least) a dying battery. (I'm
sure I'm forgetting a few)

I have personal experience with the dead battery. All of the sudden one
day, there was a loss of power. It would be so-so up to 3000 RPM, but
from 3k-4.5k it would really drop off. The next day my battery was dead,
and upon replacing the battery the sluggishness disappeared. go figure.
keep jumper cables with you.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0