Re: power antenna wiring

--- Jonas Karlsson <jkarlsso@metabolex.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just pulled a power antenna from an Audi 5000
> turbo. I installed it
> yesterday and connected the antenna wire with no
> problems.
>
> My question is for the motor controls. There are 2
> wires red/white and
> white. At first I thought that one was up and one
> was down, and then I'd
> just wire up a power window switch, but then I
> remembered that these
> antennas are usually wired so that they go up when
> the radio is turned
> on and down when it's off. Does this sound right.
>
> My radio has an antenna output, so that would
> connect to one wire, then I
> guess the other wire is connected to circuit 15
> (switched +12V) or 30
> (constant power)?
>
> Has anyone installed an Audi5K power antenna? does
> all this sound right?
> I need guidance. :-)
>
> TIA
>
> Jonas
> 85 Scirocco 2.0

Hey Jonas,

That sounds right. When I installed an aftermarket on
mine the ground was at the mount and one was constant
power and the other was to the power on wire that
triggures such things as an amp or power antenna. I
put a switch in-line so I could leave it down when
listening to CDs.

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s