Re: WTB:Straight wiper arm

Even the Mk I scirocco did not have a "Straight" wipers arm on the single
wiper set-up.  I put the Mk I single wiper linkage in my 1991 Gti and used
the Mk I single wiper arm(Since it IS longer) to make a straight wiper arm. I
cut it right at the kink which is about 2 inches from the end. I then heated
it up at the right point with a torch and bent it around a small steel pipe
of the right diameter to give it the correct curvature. The curvature and the
length of the bend match the stock length before cutting.  Before I bent the
arm I also drilled 3 holes in the end and filed it to create a horizontal
hole for the wiper blade to lock into. I then painted it satin black and it
looks perfect.....For the final touch I replaced the end of the blade that
bolts to the linkage with one from a later scirocco so that the wiper arm no
longer has the Mk I pop on cap on it and instead has a cleaner flip up cover