Hello all!

<x-flowed>Hey listers!
   I never formally introduced myself.  I've been on the list for a month
but haven't had a chance to keep up 'cause of college... anyways, I'm from
Wisconsin, going to college in Michigan, I have an '84 Wolfsburg 8v, got it
in the end of July and i love it.  VW are nothing new to me though
considering every member of my immediate family has at least 2 or 3...my dad
has tons more that that (almost all parts cars though).  The car I had
before this one is an '82 Jetta Diesel w/over 225,000 miles(odometer just
quit working recently) and it still gets approx. 47 miles per gallon, most I
had calculated it at was 53 with a lot of highway driving.  I wasn't
planning on getting another car, but i got the scirocco for real cheap
'cause the person selling it thought is was a piece of junk, since the
battery was dead, the tires were flat, and the engine looked a little
corroded.  Well, I had to get it, so i went over there and put a new battery
in and put tires on it, turned the key and it started right up on the first
try...only thing it need was a new muffler, and front springs.  Needs a
little body work, but not much, little surface rust.  What's the best way to
get rid of it so it doesn't come back, just sanding?  It's ran great since,
stranded me on the highway once because the belt broke since the A/C's
seized up a little(thinking about just taking it out), can't blame the car
for that one.  I'm planning on tweaking it up soon as I started getting some
cash flow.  The only mods I've done so far are putting a Jamex airfilter and
GTI springs on it.  I'm getting some new rear shocks for it as well, and
thinking that a bigger exhaust would be the next best thing.  What do you
think?  Anything else to make her run better?  Does anyone have any comments
on the Bosch Plantinum Quad Fire (something like that) spark plugs?  Might
get those, too.
Thanks!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v
'82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)