Re: [not scirocco] but corrado

Hey there,

    Okay, here is my advise on Corrados (since I owned one and have had three
friends who have also owned them).  The car I had was an emerald '91 G60.
When I bought it in 1996, it had 60k on the clock and was loaded
(leather/ABS/tinted windows, etc).  It also ran like new... I bought it from
the original owner, a man in his late 40's.  The car had reasonably good
power, the most of any of the G60's I testdrove which all seemed VERY doggy.
It was a nice car and all, but I would say get the SLC VR6!!!!!
    When my friend got his SLC, he let me take it for a spin and I wanted to
trade him Corrados!!!  His is green like mine was but a little darker.  It
was a 93 and had tan leather interior...  a whole different car from the G60.
 The interior in the SLC is spruced up a bit more, a cooler front grill,
different hood, traction control, heated seats, standard ABS, AND a helluva
lot more ball-busting power than the G60... VW wasn't screwing around when
they built that car.  The only advantage I could see in buying a G60 over an
SLC is if you were wanting to install the Autotech Stage III kit on the car.
I went for a ride in an aquaintances G60 who had the stage III kit in his
car, and let me tell you how much power it had (200hp or so over 150hp
stock).....  but his engine didn't last too long.  An you figure now that a
reasonably nice G60 shouldn't cost you more than $7000 max, a nice SLC (and I
would go for a 93, or possibly even a 94 if you were lucky enough to find
one) shouldn't cost you any more than $12,000 to $14,000... testdrive both a
G60 then an SLC and you will know what I mean.

Ben
88 "Flash silver metallic" 16v Scirocco

<< i'm thinking about getting a corrado as a second car (give me
 something to ride around in while i restore my scirocco) and was
 wondering if anyone on the list has had any experience with them or
 would know anything about them. what i'm interested in is how reliable
 are they, should i get the vr6 or g60, does the turbo-charger really
 matter (and how much is it to replace), and how hard are they to work
 on? i'm aimin' for about a '92 or so. please send me responses directly
 so as not to clutter the list. thanx. >>