Re: dome light..

In a message dated 10/24/1999 3:51:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Testastrega@aol.com writes:

> Crazy but true, mine goes out every 4 months or so. I ifx it by removing
the
>  door pin switch, looking at for 3 or so minutes then reinstalling it. It
> then
>  works for 4 or so months. True story.

This happened a few times to me.  The contact becomes oxidized and stops
conducting.  Instead of taking the switch out, just push the switch in with
your finger and let it snap back out.  Doing this a couple of times should
knock through the oxidation and the dome light should work again.  Save the
hassle of R & R.  Permanent fix is to remove the switch and use an electrical
grease to prevent further oxidation.
HTH.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco