Another new listee!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to introduce myself yet.  I am new to the
list, but not to the Volkswagen way.  I own two VW's right now.  A Black '88
Scirocco with  the basic goodies (bumpers, lights, 16's, euro engine
goodies, autotech exh, bars and Bilstein Sports, etc.) and my almost
completed 1984 Jetta GLI (power Recaro's and BBS ala '92 16V Jetta's, tt
exhaust, 16V brakes, autotech bars and Bilstein Sports)!!

I live in Eugene, OR, and go to the University of Oregon (two more terms and
I get a real job!).  I used to work at the VW dealership in Corvallis, and I
have the distinction of being one of the first people in Oregon to drive the
vr6 Corrado!  Yes sir, I loved working at the dealership with access to all
those parts.  I have made the trip up to Seattle for the NW Bug-In to hook
up with Andre', Tim, and Jason as well as the Portland cruise at the
beginning of this month.  Special thanks to Bradley Peet for answering the
question (what will I do with the 5 thousand dollars I don't have in order
to bring the Scirocco up to an appropriate power to weight ratio!).  I
thoroughly enjoyed getting a "buy or die" drive before the crew left for
Seattle.

Earlier this summer, my wife and I took the Scirocco on a road trip down to
So. Cal. and then to Phoenix and back. Now I need to shell out the cash for
new tires :(

Later for now.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco