Re: heater core

I had the heater core on my '82 go out seven years ago, and it did the
same thing.  If I remember correctly, it was a royal pain to change.  If
you have air conditioning, the evaporator (I think that's what it is
called) is right next to the heater core adn the plumbing for it made it
difficult to put it all back together.  I never got the two halves of the
plastic box that surrounds the units back together right and all of the
condensation dripped out of the box onto the passenger side floor.

Good luck.
Brian

'82 Scirocco (aka Fritz)
'85 Jetta